SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In order to qualify for this position, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience with the collection, interpretation, analysis, and correlation of statistical data on all classes of mishaps, such as suicides, suicide prevention, urinalyses and safety programs identifying trends and develops, recommending preventative programs and mitigation tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Experience, familiarization and complete understanding of suicide prevention and substance abuse policies, orders, directives and programs, utilizing knowledge to recommend program changes for more effective Force Preservation enhancement.
- Experience with and complete understanding of Combat Operational Stress Control (COSC) policies, orders, directives and programs. Applying knowledge to determine the best use of those programs to support and recommend program changes.
- Experience exercising broad judgment, initiative and considerable ingenuity in the development of new or alternative safety criteria, as guidance is occasionally unavailable, technically inadequate, or outdated to ensure comprehensive programs are tailored to meet requirements and needs.
- Experience performing a broad range of management duties involving program development and administration, innovative analysis of the program effectiveness, and the recommendation of new, specialized safety and health procedures for risk management.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: TAG:Link to Questions Only.
EDUCATION: THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION.
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Position may require occasional travel 20 percent.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your r esume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your qualification for the position.
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Specialized Experience listed in the announcement for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. A pplicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified- Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.