Job Title:Management Analyst
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
Job Announcement Number:T-13-113 (867604)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, March 28, 2013 to
Wednesday, April 17, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent NTE 1 year|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Marietta, GA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Open only to current, Competitive (Non-Dual Status) Georgia National Guard USPFO employees.|
WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current, Competitive (Non-Dual Status) Georgia National Guard USPFO employees.
Position Location: USPFO, Clay National Guard Center, Marietta, Georgia.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation: Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Career/Career-Conditional (Non-Dual Status), NTE 1 year, position which does not require Georgia Army National Guard Membership. ***This job will end upon incumbent's return to duty (NTE 1 year).***
Job Summary: This ARNG/ANG position is located in the US Property and Fiscal Office (USP&FO), Internal Review (IR) Office. Its purpose is to serve as a management analyst in an internal review support role and perform a variety of internal review support assignments. Assignments involve supporting various segments of internal review audit projects or studies under the direction of a higher graded auditor; or conducting consulting or advisory services under the direction of a higher graded auditor.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
DUTIES:Back to top
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Reviews organizational information (i.e., TDA organization and function manual), previous audit and inspection reports, applicable Department of Army (DA) or United States Air Force (USAF) regulations, and activity mission statements to identify tentative sub-objectives or firm objectives based on the role of the audit assignment.
- Performs management studies of organizations auditable entity to identify potential problems such as reviewing operating procedures and management practices of the activity.
- Conducts troubleshooting and management studies to ascertain the need for changes in existing management systems or methods of operation such as work processes, functional responsibility, operating techniques, organizational structure and other factors effecting the efficient and economical use of available resources.
- Participates in providing management consulting services on all aspects of improving management operations for the state.
- Provides liaison assistance, as required, to external audit organizations with responsibility for coordinating their activities with the IR Office.
- Performs follow-up assignments on agreed upon audit findings, recommendations, and monetary benefits made during previous audits engagements.
- Reports to the Adjutant General and USP&FO on the status of corrective actions taken by functional activities.
- Conducts or participates in the discussion of findings with activity personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have a minimum of 12 months specialized experience at the GS-07 level, which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques to conduct a variety of management studies which are of a procedural or factual nature.
- Knowledge of administrative regulations and operating procedures to perform management studies, identifies potential problem areas, and recommends changes in existing management systems or operations.
- Knowledge of management principles and organizational theory, techniques, procedures, and regulations.
- Skill in preparing and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Skill in application of fact-finding and investigative techniques; oral and written communications; and development of presentations and reports.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).