Job Title:IT Specialist (INFOSEC) (Perimeter Security)
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BPD)
Job Announcement Number:13-BPD-187AS
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$68,809.00 to $89,450.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, March 28, 2013 to Monday, April 08, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Career/Career Conditional - Full-time|
|FEW vacancies -
Kansas City, MO, USView Map|
FEW vacancies - Parkersburg, WV, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
U.S. citizens who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
If selected for this position, you will serve as an Information Technology Perimeter Security Specialist in the Office of Information Technology, Division of Infrastructure Management, Branch as assigned. You will be primarily responsible for quick response technical support and expertise for trouble-shooting, development, testing, configuration, and management of perimeter security networked systems for the transmission of information in voice, data, and video formats. Functions of this position include perimeter security network monitoring and performance, diagnosing and resolving problems, making adjustments to ensure proper load balancing, installing, testing, maintaining and upgrading perimeter security network operating systems software and hardware and ensuring the application of perimeter security information security assurance policies.
* We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment); or
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.