Job Title: Program Support SpecialistJob Announcement Number: HHS-FDA-01-MP-13-866032
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Food and Drug Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, March 28, 2013 to
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
2 vacancies in the following location:
White Oak, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Career or Career-Conditional employees and Commissioned Corps (CC) currently working for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment. PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Medical Products and Tobacco (OMPT), Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health (OIR), Division of Program Operations and Management (DPOM).
You must submit your SF-50, Personnel Order (Commissioned Corps), and Resume/CV.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions.
- Time in grade must be met within 30 days of closing date.
- SF-50, Personnel Order, and Transcripts are required.
- Resume or CV is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Program Support Specialist, you will:
Perform administrative-legal reviews of IDEs, PMAs, and other submissions after scientific review and prior to final endorsement by the Division or Office.
Assist in providing administrative guidance and advice to the Office and Division staff members on procedures, policies relative to the law.
Review routine device submissions, supplements, and amendments to ensure that they comply with regulation requirements.
Manage assigned actions, monitors status, prioritizes activities, and provides comprehensive status updates.
Maintain and monitor integrated reporting systems for assigned programs and communicates information to senior specialists for action or resolution.
Attend meetings, briefings and other activities in support of organizational programs, notes commitments made and informs staff of commitments and deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position, you must demonstrate in your resume at least (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service. Examples of qualifying experience includes: applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature; communicating with supervisors and employees to obtain information about organizational missions, functions, and work procedures; preparing and presenting recommendations and solutions effectively, including the preparation of written reports, instructions, and correspondence.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
5. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Research position: No
9. Supervisory position: No
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs') and other characteristics): Please note that you do not need to address the KSAs' in a separate narrative format. The KSAs' are evaluated against the responses to the online questionnaire and your resume/CV.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of administrative techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of analysis and evaluation techniques and principles of management and organization.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.