Job Title: Lead Information Technology SpecialistJob Announcement Number: HHS-CDC-D3-13-866517
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, March 28, 2013 to
Wednesday, April 03, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Atlanta, GA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP), Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (DHAP), Quantitative Sciences and Data Management Branch (QSDMB), Atlanta, GA.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-M3-13-863625 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Backgound Investigation is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
Provides scientific guidance and technical consultation on informatics and data management issues to Division staff and state and local public health prevention and control programs. Participates in program reviews, implements control initiatives, strategies, and methodologies, ensures optimum use of resources and evaluates management procedures for monitoring the quality of service provided to public health prevention programs. Represents the team on various committees established within the Division, Center and CDC, and, in consultation with the Branch Chief, has full authority for administrative matters for the Team. The incumbent will insure the application of systematic informatics-based approaches to public health surveillance and research information systems development and maintenance and data management; and will insure that systems and data management procedures are conducted and documented in accordance with state-of-the-art scientific and technical methods.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is that which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, to include experience in providing leadership on data management and dissemination for public health surveillance and informatics.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the required technical skills, knowledge, and abilities and possess each of the four competencies listed. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled. The four competencies are: ATTENTION TO DETAIL, CUSTOMER SERVICE, ORAL COMMUNICATION AND PROBLEM SOLVING.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid.
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Travel required with position: Up to 10%
10. Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
11. Research position: No
12. Promotion potential: No
13. Supervisory position: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability to apply principles and methods of public health surveillance and informatics.
Ability to develop long range automated data processing plans.
Skill in oral communication.
Skill in written communication.
Skill in application of SAS and SQL