Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Wake Forest, NC United StatesView Map
Civilian employees of the US Army Corps of Engineers serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army
Civilian employees of the US Army Corps of Engineers serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located at Falls Lake, Wake Forest, NC.
The Wilmington District, US Army Corps of Engineers, is a diverse, loyal, family-focused, Army Strong engineering, operations, regulatory, construction, and technical services organization that takes pride in providing excellent service to customers, stakeholders, and partners while also serving and inspiring the public by solving the nation's most challenging problems with honesty, integrity and transparency.
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions on the Pathways program. Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program. The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in the Department of Army and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed.
Although not guaranteed, internship appointments made under this announcement may be extended. Due to the temporary need of this position, appointment may be terminated early.
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/interns/.
Who May Apply: Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles who are:
- Current students who are enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, as a student in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate on a full or half time basis. Students must be in good academic standing and be a student for the duration of this Pathways Intern appointment.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays is required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Physical exam and background investigation required.
- Moving or housing expenses are not authorized.
- Position is at the full performance level under this appointment.
- Must be a student for the duration of this appointment.