To be eligible for this position, you must possess the following specialized experience and/or education. Experience may have been gained in the public or private sector and may have been paid or unpaid.
Specialized Experience - 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent. Specialized experience demonstrates that you are able to perform successfully the duties of this position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: implementing established plant related natural resource management projects; collecting, recording and organizing plant related field data, monitoring disturbed sites which have been restored; providing guidance and direction to other field staff in conducting field work.
Education - Successful completion of one semester of graduate level education directly related to botany, plant ecology or equivalent study. To demonstrate that you are qualified based upon education, you MUST provide a copy of your transcripts or a list of college courses which includes your name, the school's name and address, title and course number of each course, # of semester/quarter hours for each course, and grade for each course plus your class ranking and/or grade point average.
Combination of Specialized Experience and Education - A combination of specialized experience and education may be considered qualifying. Only graduate level education in directly related fields in excess of that required for a bachelor's degree is creditable as specialized experience.
All qualifications must be met before the closing date of this announcement. If you rate yourself as qualified for this position, and your resume and supplemental documents do not support that, you may be considered ineligible for the position. If you rate yourself such that you receive an automated rating of ineligible, we will not review your resume and supporting documents further.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license as an incidental driver.
- You will be required to have a favorably adjudicated background investigation, including an FBI fingerprint check.
- You will be required to wear the NPS uniform in accordance with NPS policy.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov./
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated based upon the following competencies:
- Knowledge of, and ability in non-native plant control using manual, mechanical, and chemical techniques
- Knowledge of plant identification
- Ability to collect, calculate, and record data
- Ability to conduct fieldwork as a member of a team or crew
- Ability to lead the daily activities of a field crew performing nonnative plant control
Category rating procedures will be used. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories based upon your responses to the occupational questionnaire:
- Best Qualified - Applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Well Qualified - Applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minnimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - Applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
If you are automatically rated among the best qualified for this job, a review of your application materials may be made to verify your qualifications and self-rating. Qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration in the following order: Best Qualified candidates entitled to 10 or 5 point veterans preference then other Best Qualified candidates; Well Qualified candidates entitled to 10 or 5 point veterans preference then other Well Qualified candidates; Qualified candidates entitled to 10 or 5 point veterans preference then other Qualified candidates.
If your self-assigned rating on the occupational questionnaire is not supported by the information contained in the rest of your application package, you may be placed in the next lower category or you may be considered not qualified. Please make sure that your self-assessment of your qualifications is well supported by the information in your resume.