Pay Band A: Minimum Prerequisites
1. You must possess a Bachelors Degree and have at least 4 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
2. You must have specialized experience directly relating to the specific duties of the position to be filled and must demonstrate that you have the required expertise to perform successfully.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
1. You must possess a Masters Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either a government or industry position.
2. You must have specialized experience directly relating to the specific duties of the position to be filled and must demonstrate that you have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully.
For optimum consideration, please ensure your resume reflects how your experience and educational achievements are related to key functional areas of this position including: experience with ERP-like systems; writing project plans; support of COTS applications; testing experience; developing and delivering training; leadership/management abilities.
1. Have at least four years of experience (preferably as a team/task leader) with the management, configuration, testing, implementation, training, and deployment of a large scale (ERP-like) system; preferably have specific experience with COTS student information system in a government or traditional college/university or training institution (preferred); have specialized experience directly related to specific duties of the position to be filled and demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully in this position and to manage and administer salient technical aspects of the SIS project, in conjunction with the SIS project lead from PRM.
2. Develop and execute technical plans such as Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), Systems Specification, Configuration Management, Test & Evaluation (T&E) plan, and Risk Mitigation Plan and manage the implementation and O&M in accordance with DoDs System Engineering Test and Evaluation process. Must monitor schedules and metrics and advise of risk areas and concerns.
3. Have demonstrated experience in supporting COTS applications (preferably SIS applications), to include: user profile administration, troubleshooting, roles/permission list administration, query generation, designing reports, unit testing, supporting security testing, security planning, and troubleshooting.
4. Experience in working with IT staff, functional leads and management to ensure customer requests, enhancements, maintenance and release activities in support of the Student Information System software application meets business needs while maintaining system service levels and ensuring adherence to best practice change/release management and project management processes and guidelines. Maintaining consistent and stable testing and production environments.
5. Working knowledge of instructional system design (ISD) and ADDIE methodology. Developing training plans and applying adult learning principles and e-learning processes across a broad spectrum of learning delivery modes for example classroom, on-line, multi-media. Developing training requirements and creating design documents, scripts and storyboards from those requirements; developing courseware content for classroom, web-based and mobile delivery; and job aides using a variety of authoring tools; including assessment of learning objectives, design of instructional strategy (including advanced simulations and role play exercises), and content scripting and authoring, preferably in a higher education environment. Have experience with training development tools such as Composica, Camtasia and Viewlet Builder.
6. Experience with organization and management of user friendly and accessible training materials, release management during deployment and sustainment phases across broad stakeholder base in various geographic locations. Have demonstrated experience in the design, development and delivery of face-to-face training in support of COTS applications in both a train-the-trainer and instructor-led training format.
7. Plan, organize, schedule and/or coordinate activities for self and/or others based on an evaluation of work needs and an estimation of timing; have the ability to juggle multiple tasks while ensuring timely task completions, and have effective problem solving skills. Have the ability to brief senior level managers seeking changes or approval to proposed recommendations. Have experience developing reports and guidelines in support of testing and training. Have experience with production/project management tools, Sharepoint, MS Office including MS Project, and prefer SSRS report writing experience. Have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and develop and provide training to the various levels of SIS stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. This is a Critical Acquisition position.
2. If selected for this position, you are subject to the completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
3. You will be required to become a member of the Acquisition Corps. DoD instruction 5000.58R specifies qualification standards for Corps membership (waiver of some of these standards is possible in the limited circumstances described in the instruction).
4. You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service. To access the instructions related to this requirement visit http://www.dau.mil/about-dau/docs/DAU_Faculty_Plan.pdf.
5. Initial appointment is made for a period of four years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU trial period of one year. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
6. If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance.
7. Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses will NOT be paid.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting the basic requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical factors:
- Knowledge of large-scale systems
- Ability to develop & execute techincal plans
- Skill in supporting applications
- Experience in working with IT staff and release management
- Skill in instructional analysis or design
- Ability to organize, manage, and deliver training
- Ability to support project activities