Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Benefits Administration
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
As Principal Deputy Under Secretary, the incumbent is responsible for the effective operation of the Veterans Benefits Administration's (VBA) 56 regional offices, VA Central Office organization and all business lines (Compensation Service, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment, Loan Guaranty Service, Education Service, Insurance Service, and Pension & Fiduciary). The Principal Deputy Under Secretary serves as the Under Secretary's alter ego and is responsible for the effective operation, policy development, external relationships and service for the more than 26 million Veterans serviced. More information on the Veterans Benefits Administration can be found at http://benefits.va.gov/benefits/.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a Pay Band 1 position. The salary for this position is capped at $179,700.
A recruitment/relocation incentive and/or Guaranteed Home Buyout may be authorized.
- US Citizenship is required
- Successful completion of background investigation & possible drug screening
- Selectee maybe subject to geographic or organizational reassignment/travel
- Pubic Financial Disclosure Report is required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- One year probationary period for initial SES appointment