Job Title:Staff Fellow
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Job Announcement Number:HHS-AHRQ-13-AD-864900
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$105,211.00 to $136,771.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, March 28, 2013 to Tuesday, April 30, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Temporary NTE 2 years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens|
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Center for Delivery, Organization, and Markets (CDOM). AHRQ is the lead federal agency charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. AHRQ conducts and supports health research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decision-making.
The CDOM provides a locus of expertise and leadership for research on health care markets, delivery systems, and organizations. The center is comprised of an interdisciplinary staff that identifies emerging research needs, manage portfolios of research grants and contracts, conduct and publish peer-reviewed research, and develop databases and software tools that can be used with the databases.
This position is located in CDOMs Public Reporting, Payment, and Community Quality Collaboratives team, which develops evidence on these and related topics. The team partners with major stakeholders to use this evidence to develop tools to facilitate and improve consumer engagement and behavior, consumer decision-making, transparency, and provider performance. The team is responsible for a broad range of initiatives, including:
· An innovative desktop software tool that enables state and local organizations and health care systems to create a website using their own hospital discharge data and publically available inpatient/survey measures for public reporting of quality. For more information, please visit: http://www.monahrq.ahrq.gov/.
· Community-based organizations or collaborative of multiple health care and consumer stakeholders working together to transform health care at the local level by measuring and publishing quality and price information to enable consumers to make better decisions about their care and to promote quality and efficiency of care.
· The science of public reporting health care measures initiative, which informs the development of a health care system in which consumers have ready access to reports that allow meaningful comparison of providers based on measures of quality and resource use.
Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons, including U.S. Nationals (permanent residents). No previous federal experience is required. This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and has no entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National
- Relevant experience or education (See qualifications)
- Suitable for federal employment as determined by a background investigation