Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a reveiw of your complete application is done, if you are found qualified your name will be forwarded on a referral certificate to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
1. Title of Job
2. Biographic Data
3. E-Mail Address
4. Work Information
5. Employment Availability
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.
7. Background Information
While serving as a federal employee, have you ever been terminated for cause or resigned after being notified that you would be terminated/separated?8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1211. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 Auditor21. Geographic Availability
122690109 Saint Augustine, FL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
Enter number of years in this position.
Enter number of months in this position that do not equal a complete year. Example: 5 yrs 2 mos24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. This position is only open to the following categories of applicants: 1) Current Federal Employees; 2) Reinstatement Eligible civilian Federal Employees (applicable SF 50 must be uploaded with application). Please choose the option below that best describes your current status.
A. I am a current federal civilian employee (tenure 1 or 2) (applicable SF 50/documentation must be uploaded with application).
B. I am a former civilian federal employee with reinstatement eligibility (applicable SF 50/documentation must be uploaded with application).
C. I am NOT a current or former federal employee with reinstatement eligibility.
Read the options below carefully and choose the one that best applies.
2. This position has an education requirement. Which of the following have you completed?
**ALL QUALIFYING COLLEGE COURSEWORK MUST BE AT PROGRESSIVELY RESPONSIBLE LEVELS OF EDUCATION.**
**ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH DOCUMENTATION IN THE FORM OF AN OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT, LISTING COURSES COMPLETED.**
(Scanned Transcripts are acceptable if uploaded with your application)
**ALL CERTIFICATES FOR CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT OR CERTIFIED INTERNAL AUDITOR MUST BE UPLOADED WITH THE APPLICATION.**
A. A Bachelor's Degree in accounting/auditing; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
B. A Combination of education and experience -- at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. **This combination MUST also include one of the following:
--Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; or
--A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
--Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of option A, provided that you have successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field.
C. None of the above.
3. Do you possess one year specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-11 that provided a knowledge of professional auditing principles, theories, concepts and practices sufficient to independently perform auditing assignments acting as an agent of the organization using advanced auditing methods and techniques in evaluating resource management and management systems; experience reviewing program documents as well as previous audit reports to determine compliance with governing regulations; experience identifying unusual and questionable practices; develop and report opinions on the economy and efficiency of the operations and recommends corrective action?
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
4. Familiar with accounting and auditing concepts, practices, techniques, and Comptroller General Standards.
5. Use of applicable laws, NGB policy, regulations and guidelines to ensure that audit coverage is appropriate to meet established audit objectives.
6. Gather, organize and evaluate data in complex areas and separate the essential from the non-essential.
7. Assess the degree to which program goals are met and to develop findings/reports that clearly identify operational problems and required corrective actions.
8. Examine output products to ensure that management tools provide the necessary feedback for management to make sound decisions.
9. Apply principles, theories, techniques, and practices of accounting, management, and auditing.
10. Develop findings which clearly identify operational problems and required corrective actions.
11. Perform auditing assignments using advanced auditing methods and techniques.