You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicant must be a qualified typist or self-certify a typing skill of 40 w.p.m. Application MUST include statement of typing speed. AND
For the GS-04, you must have one year of general experience which includes applying a standardized body of rules, procedures, and operations sufficient to perform a full range of support assignments. OR
Education: Two (2) years of education above the high school level. (Please attach copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit.) SOME SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE IS PERMISSIBLE.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Office Automation, Communications, and Administrative Knowledge. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, or Satisfactory, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority. To preview questions please click here.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.