Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.
Applicants applying for the GS-14 grade level must meet the following requirements: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Experience in and skill in IT infrastructure, functions, work processes/programs in large organizations, as well as an expert analytical ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions to problems which will increase the effectiveness of the organization's IT programs.
Experience in and skill to identify emerging configuration management policy and planning technology and their applications to the organizations' business processes.
In addition, applicant's experience must also demonstrate that the candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to assign, review, and supervise the
work of others;
- Objectivity and fairness in judging people
on their ability, and situations on the facts
- Ability to adjust to change, work pressures,
or difficult situations without undue
- Willingness to consider new ideas or
divergent points of view; and
- Capacity to "see the job through."
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-14 position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements. Applicants will not be rated or ranked. All applications that are verified to meet the required qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume, self-assessment questions, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application will be removed from further consideration.
You may receive credit for unpaid or volunteer experience on the same basis as paid experience, provided it is directly related to this job. To receive proper credit, you must show, on your on-line resume, the actual time spent in such activities (hours worked per week).
Please ensure that your resume and narrative responses provide enough detailed information to support your answers to the self-assessment questions.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To preview questions please click here.