Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Apply: This vacancy is open to current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers currently employed with FDA interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE).
This position is located in Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Southwest Region, Denver District Office, Compliance Branch located in Denver (Lakewood), Colorado.
This is a full time permanent, Career/Career Conditional position.
This is a bargaining unit position.
1 or more vacancies will be filled.
The incumbent in this position is a Consumer Safety Officer (Compliance Officer) with responsibility of ensuring documentation and practices of regulated industries are in compliance with Federal laws, regulate and regulations. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and evaluate evidence and findings indicating a possible lack if compliance with laws and regulations.
- Perform analyses and evaluations on data samples and, document information gathered during inspections and investigations.
- Analyze study results, determine whether an investigation is complete or what work may be required.
- Advise industry officials on rules and regulations and recommend changes.
- Monitor and/or manage compliance initiatives and, serve as lead Agency representative on multi-agency or multi-organizational investigations.
- Prepare for and conduct compliance hearings, seek court enforced compliance.
- Review, evaluate and prepare proposed legal action to ascertain conformance with enforcement policy, regulatory objectives, jurisdiction and adequacy or evidence.
- Prepare recommendations for domestic alerts and civil actions and, coordinate detentions for violative products.