Basic Qualification Requirement:
You must meet the following Basic Qualification Requirement: Possess of a Bachelor's degree or higher in an appropriate biological, medical, veterinary, or physical science, or in pharmacy that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry and physiology and 12 semester hours in pharmacology. (Courses in chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, general physiology, and animal, human, microbial, or cellular physiology may be used to meet the 30-semester hour requirement in chemistry and physiology. Courses in pharmacology, pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapy, molecular pharmacology, and other similar subjects may be used to meet the 12-semester hour requirement in pharmacology. Courses dealing intensively with pharmacologically-oriented subjects may also be used to meet this requirement.) Transcript(s) must be submitted with application package prior to the close date of the announcement.
You must also meet the following Additional Qualification requirement to be considered for this position:
Additional Qualification Requirement, GS-14: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the federal Government (can be obtained in the public or private sector). This experience includes: providing authoritative pharmacology and regulatory guidance for the review of Abbreviated New Drug Applications and Investigational New Drug Applications, with a focus on in vivo bioequivalence evaluation of generic drugs; analyzing scientific studies, and their results, related to pharmacokinetics and biopharmaceutics; developing summaries of data reviewed, including conclusions and recommendations; and advising drug sponsors/applicants on the acceptance and implementation of recommendations based on the review of bioavailability/bioequivalence study data.
· Education in lieu of experience is not qualifying to meet the additional qualification requirement for this position.
· Part-time work is prorated in crediting experience (e.g., if you work 20 hours per week for a 12-month period you will be credited with 6 months of experience).
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
This position requires that specific course(s) be demonstrated to meet the basic education requirement. Your transcript(s) must clearly demonstrate the course(s) listed in the qualification requirement section. If the transcript(s) does not clearly demonstrate this you must submit a copy of the course description and/or other documentation demonstrating that the courses are equivalent.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Time-in-Grade: Career or career-conditional current and former Federal employees who select to apply under merit promotion procedures must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of this position.
2. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
4. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
6. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
7. One-year probationary period may be required.
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
9. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Noncompetitive Applicants: All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- PHARMACOKINETIC AND BIOPHARMACEUTIC STUDIES
- INTERPRET AND EVLAUATE PHARMACOLOGY STUDIES
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions