To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume: If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
2. Your responses to the questionnaire.
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, November 7, 2012
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 845697. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online, you will need to provide the same information obtained in the online process. You will need three documents to complete this process: the Occupational Questionnaire, the scan response form, U.S. Office of Personnel Management Occupational Questionnaire (OPM Form 1203-FX), and a separate document described in item #3. below.
1. Download the scan response form, OPM Form 1203-FX, from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
2. View Occupational Questionnaire Use this information to guide you in completing the OPM Form 1203-FX. Note that you may be instructed to leave some responses blank on the scan response form.
3. On a separate document, please identify which position(s) on your resume (include title, organization, and employment dates) support any response of "E" ("I am considered an expert in performing this task....").
4. Fax the completed OPM Form 1203-FX, along with your required and supporting documents, to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE : The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The following documents are required:
· Resume: If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
· If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying based on a combination of education and experience or solely on education, you must submit your college transcripts with your application
· You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: for current employment verification, a SF-50 or DD3434; If you are claiming Veterans Preference or Military Spouse preference (MSP), to verify your preference claim you MUST submit supporting documents with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: for MSP claims, PCS orders and marriage certificate; for verification of Veteran Preference, DD214 (which indicates character of service) SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
· If you are currently serving on active duty: You MUST submit a certification from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed. If you supply a certification at this stage, your preference/eligibility
will be verified prior to appointment. For more information about Veteran's Preference, please click this link:
http://www.opm.gov/employ/veterans/html/vetguide.asp . Please upload veteran's documents under the appropriate category.
· I f you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If no email address is provided, applicant is responsible for checking status updates and notifications in Application Manager. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to applicant.
For questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility or qualifications determination contact: email@example.com
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
· Comprehensive health and life insurance
· Competitive salaries
· Generous retirement programs
· Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
· Flexible work environment to include use of telework and alternate work schedules
· Paid employment related training and education
· Possible student loan repayment
· Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
· Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
Click here for more information.
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDl140025-V300.pdf.
In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.