Job Title:Recreation Assistant
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number:WENAFEV13QE860933
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Monday, March 18, 2013 to
Monday, March 25, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Intermittent 00 hours -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Valdez, AK United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens |
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This is a SEASONAL position located at the Valdez Campground located in Valdez, Alaska. Incumbent will be working both indoors and outdoors during the season. Must be available to work rotating shifts,weekends and holidays.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
DUTIES:Back to top
In a patron usage facility, circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory. Receives and resolves customer complaints. Provides information and general instructins on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery. Issues equipment to authorized MWR customers. Checks identification, collects fees when appropriate and completes appropriate documentation. Receives returned equipment, inspecting it for obvious damage and missing parts. Checks inventories and supplies and stocks items when needed. Participates in and assists with programs and social events. Maintains the cleanliness of the campground, assigned work areas and restrooms. Provides facility and program information to patrons. Assists with simple repair and maintenance. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
1. Must have customer service experience.
2. Must be able to communicate in English both written and orally.
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
4. Pre-employment physical required.
5. Pre-employment background checks required.
6. Must be availabe to work rotating shifs, weekends and holidays.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics). Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
BENEFITS:Back to top
This is a FLEX (intermittent) position which is not eligible for benefits at this time.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders. Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date reflected on the announcement. To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/. After applying, return to Application Manager or your member account in USAJOBS to see the status of your application, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, 2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire htttp://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and 3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission. To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload: 1. Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 860933
The following documents are required:·
Questionnaire must be completed.
Veterans' and Involuntary Separated Military Preference documentation (DD-214 member 4 copy)
PCS Orders for Military Spouses requesting Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your résumé supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your résumé does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking or numerical score, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.