The U. S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) provides policy-neutral data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment. EIA provides a wide range of information and data products covering energy production, stocks, demand, imports, exports, and prices; and prepares analyses and special reports on topics of current interest. For more information please visit EIA's website at: http://www.eia.gov/
The Office of Energy Statistics conducts a wide range of survey, statistical methods, and integration activities related to: energy consumption and efficiency; electricity; nuclear and renewable energy; oil, gas and coal supply; and petroleum and biofuels. This Office also manages the EIA data collection program and the quality control for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and quadrennial statistical reports.
A successful candidate in this position will:
● Establish goals, objectives, and priorities along with plans and programs to accomplish the team's functions and contribute to the Office of Survey Support and Application Management (SSAM) and overall Office of Energy Statistics (OES) program mission.
● Provide leadership to the team and exercises both technical and administrative supervision over Federal staff within the team.
● Oversee contractor resources assigned to projects supporting the Survey Applications Development and Maintenance Team (SADMT) in concert with Contracting Officer Representatives assigned to support the OES.
As a Supervisory Program Analyst (Transformation Project Manager), you will:
● Provide supervision and leadership to the Survey Applications Development and Maintenance Team (SADMT) which is responsible for conceiving, planning, and/or leading new business transformations and legacy systems support and replacement projects.
● Plan, organize, and direct the work of an interdisciplinary team of technical specialists and advise, provide counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures and directives of management.
● Initiate, develop, perform and document a broad range of business operations support and technical systems integration assignments involving energy data collection, data assimilation, and technical systems integration.
● Provide the first line of communication with a wide range of Office of Energy Statistics (OES) customers to explain business operational support and technological solutions, while assisting program offices in developing technical requirements correctly.
● Collaborate with all OES offices, and especially with the Office of Resource and Technology Management's (ORTM) IT component, to ensure data business practices are complaint with applicable EIA and DOE standards as well as applicable laws and regulations and the EIA IT infrastructure managed by ORTM.
● Provide technical advice to facilitate coordination of the development and implementation of standard survey operations and procedures across all Office of Survey Support and Application Management (SSAM) supported surveys, and other OES surveys as assigned.