The U. S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) provides policy-neutral data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment. EIA provides a wide range of information and data products covering energy production, stocks, demand, imports, exports, and prices; and prepares analyses and special reports on topics of current interest. For more information please visit EIA's website at: http://www.eia.gov
The Office of Communications oversees a comprehensive energy information dissemination program that provides high quality information in a timely manner that can be accessed by all types of EIA's public and private audiences. This Office also oversees the application of web-based technology to successfully execute the EIA mission and serve the agency's extensive customer base.
A successful candidate in this position will:
● Provide leadership on web product development and web project management.
● Independently researches and evaluates new and emerging web technologies.
● Estimate, justify, and communicate budget requirements.
As a Web Project Manager, you will:
- Serve as an Energy Information Administration (EIA) senior specialist and technical project manager for web products, policy developments, procedures, and guidelines.
- Plan, organize, and lead EIA projects that involve cross-cutting web information products with high-level program resource and content impacts, requiring expertise in current web-development processes and technology to meet evolving technical and customer requirements both within EIA and involving EIA’s diverse audiences.
- Serve as a key champion and advocate for new and improved web products, policy developments project management techniques and best practices.