SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Specialized Experience implementing web projects in a team-based work setting, including designing and programming database-driven web applications, for a public-facing website.
Selective Placement Factor:
In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, you must meet the following selective placement factor:
Selective placement factors are applied in the same manner as minimum qualification requirements. Relevant selective placement factor experience must be well documented in your resume. Failure to meet the selective placement factor will result in you not receiving further consideration. Supporting documentation of your education and training is appreciated, although not required for the position. Please fax all supporting documents in accordance with the instructions provided under Required Documents in the "How to Apply" section.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). You are NOT required to provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of Project Management and Broad knowledge of EIA direction and program outputs; electronic information and data dissemination; web project management; web product design and development; web software and vendor evaluation and selection; web systems architecture design and implementation; web content management; information architecture; enterprise search and taxonomy; usability and an in-depth knowledge of diverse web design and development specialty areas.
2. In-depth knowledge of program analysis and web systems methodology necessary to develop an environment that includes policies, approaches, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the ongoing improvement of EIA web products and their integration into the EIA electronic information dissemination program and maintaining a state-of-the-art web dissemination service by researching and implementing new web technologies, product designs, and electronic publishing techniques.
3. Skill in communications, both verbal and written, in order to communicate issues, lay out possible solutions, and discuss their strengths, weaknesses, and costs.
4. Ability to deal effectively with all levels of management and users to provide leadership in the development of dissemination methods that meet the needs of EIA customers; and to justify incumbent’s recommendations concerning policies, technical changes and resource requirements and to defend the recommendations in an environment of competing and constrained resources.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employee must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: A degree is not required, but may help your application stand out from the rest.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.