SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Specialized Experience implementing web projects in a team-based work setting, including designing and programming database-driven web applications, for a public-facing website.
Selective Placement Factor:
In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, you must meet the following selective placement factor:
Selective placement factors are applied in the same manner as minimum qualification requirements. Relevant selective placement factor experience must be well documented in your resume. Failure to meet the selective placement factor will result in you not receiving further consideration. Supporting documentation of your education and training is appreciated, although not required for the position. Please fax all supporting documents in accordance with the instructions provided under Required Documents in the "How to Apply" section.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). You are NOT required to provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of Project Management and Broad knowledge of EIA direction and program outputs; electronic information and data dissemination; web project management; web product design and development; web software and vendor evaluation and selection; web systems architecture design and implementation; web content management; information architecture; enterprise search and taxonomy; usability and an in-depth knowledge of diverse web design and development specialty areas.
2. In-depth knowledge of program analysis and web systems methodology necessary to develop an environment that includes policies, approaches, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the ongoing improvement of EIA web products and their integration into the EIA electronic information dissemination program and maintaining a state-of-the-art web dissemination service by researching and implementing new web technologies, product designs, and electronic publishing techniques.
3. Skill in communications, both verbal and written, in order to communicate issues, lay out possible solutions, and discuss their strengths, weaknesses, and costs.
4. Ability to deal effectively with all levels of management and users to provide leadership in the development of dissemination methods that meet the needs of EIA customers; and to justify incumbent’s recommendations concerning policies, technical changes and resource requirements and to defend the recommendations in an environment of competing and constrained resources.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.