Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.
IN ADDITION to meeting one of the basic qualifications requirements listed above, the applicant MUST have at least 1 full year of specialized architectural experience that has equipped them with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
***Experience in architectural design functions as it relates to support of construction, repair and renovation of buildings.
***Experience in review and consultation regarding evaluation, selection, and negotiation of architect contracts.
***Experience in developing and presenting technical and nontechnical aspects of construction projects.
***Experience working with various real estate agents on multiple projects that include site selection, review and consideration.
Applicants applying as Architect must show that they possess a professional knowledge of architectural as evidenced by one of the following: Basic Requirements:
A. Degree with architecture coursework – To be acceptable, the degree must be in architecture; or in a related field that included 60 semester hours of coursework in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems. (Please submit transcripts with your application.)
B. Combination of education and experience--college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional architect, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the architectural sciences. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by ONE of the following:
- Related curriculum – Degree in architectural engineering may be accepted as satisfying in full the basic requirements provided the completed course work in architectural engineering provided knowledge, skills, and abilities substantially equivalent to those provided in the courses specified in paragraph A immediately above. (Please submit transcripts with your application.)
- Experience – An applicant lacking a degree in architecture must have had l year of experience in an architect's office or in architectural work for each year short of graduation from a program of study in architecture. In the absence of college courses, 5 years of such experience is required. This experience must have demonstrated that the applicant has acquired a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional architecture. (Please submit transcripts and a detailed description of your architecture experience with your application.)
Note: All applicants MUST submit transcripts as verification of educational requirement, EIT documentation and/or copy of professional registration by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you WILL lose consideration for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of Federal, Departmental, Bureau contracting processes, procedures, guidelines to assist in the contractor selection process, manage contract work at post, and serve as COR or COTR.
- Ability to develop design, architectural, interior design, and related engineering criteria or instructions for specific facilities.
- Skilled with both oral and written communications in order to confer with and advise employees, contractors, and officials.
- Skilled with engineering disciplines, including civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of professional architecture, combined with design development techniques and related construction techniques and criteria.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience(s) and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. In order to fully evaluate your application and receive proper credit, your resume should include: (1) paid and non-paid experience, job title, dates held (month and year for qualifying purposes to receive credit), number of hours worked per week, and salary (2) knowledge of the subject matter and technical skills pertinent to this position; (3) specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work; and (4) names and phone numbers of your current and/or previous supervisor(s). Your resume should contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. This information should be clearly identified in your resume. Failure to provide information sufficient to determine your qualifications for the position will result in loss of consideration. For tips on writing your resume, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center. To preview questions please click here.
If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience. This may result in you being eliminated from consideration for this position.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.