Job Title:Food Service Worker-CC-DE
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-CC-DE-13-855619
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Monday, March 18, 2013 to
Friday, March 22, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|3 vacancies in the following location:|
Bethesda, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
If you have experience with industrial food preparation and serving And you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Nutrition Department. The Nutrition Department is committed to provide excellent service. Clinical Center patients are offered meals and nourishments to meet specific nutritional needs. Service includes meals to inpatient units, day hospitals, and outpatient clinics.
The Room Service Program allows patients to call for food selections at their convenience between 6:30am-6:30pm and receive a meal tray within 45 minutes after placing the order.
This position is located in the Clinical Center.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
- Pre-employment medical exam may be required
- Bargaining Unit Position
- Emergency/Essential Position
- Physical Requirement: Lift/Move up to 40 pounds.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, your duties will include but are not limited to the following food service tasks in the areas of meal assembly and service, ware-washing, sanitation and safety:
- Set up tray-line with dishes, silverware, trays, napkins, condiments and cold food items such as salads, desserts, bread and beverages.
- Break down tray-line by removing unused foods to appropriate storage area or discarding under direction of supervisor.
- Load trays on delivery carts. Deliver meals, nourishment, and supplies to patient care units, patients' rooms, and/or outpatient clinics.
- Remove soiled trays from patients' rooms and return them to kitchen for dish washing; Clean and/or de-lime machines, pulverizer, grease trap, work areas, sanitize refrigerators, tray delivery carts, tray-line equipment and other related equipment.
- Operate institutional dish/pot washers.
- Check temperature gauges to ensure proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Assist in simple food preparation by weighing, measuring, portioning, wrapping, peeling and chopping foods as needed.
- Assemble ingredients according to standardized recipes.
- Transport food and other nutrition related items to/from the loading dock to/from Nutrition Services and within the Clinical Center; utilize motorized transportation equipment to deliver food to the patients.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position.
The approved job elements for this occupation are listed as follows:
(1) Ability to do food service work without more than normal supervision (Screen-out element).
(2) Work practices (include cleanliness, neatness and concern for sanitation) in food service work.
(3) Technical practices in food service work.
(4) Ability to read, understand and follow food preparation and serving instructions, manuals, etc.
(5) Ability to use and care for food preparation and serving tools,
utensils, and equipment.
(6) Knowledge of food preparation and serving ingredients.
(7) Dexterity and safety in food service work.
(8) Ability to work as a member of a team.
View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
Candidates determined to be Best Qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
Click here to view vacancy questions: View Assessment Questions
If you are a veteran, CTAP or ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links for additional information and required documents:
All such documents MUST be received by 11:59pm ET of the closing date, Friday, March 22, 2013, to be considered.