In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the basic education requirement:
A. Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS).
B. Combination of education and experience -- Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS).
In addition, you must meet the minimum qualifications:
For the GS-11, you must have: one full year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or higher in the Federal service, that included: providing support to a research team in conducting scientific studies; providing guidance to others on laboratory procedures and methods; and communicating the results of experiments orally and in writing; OR possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree with major study in a field that provided you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the work of this position or have successfully completed three full years (54 semester hours or the equivalent) of progressively higher level doctoral education leading toward such a degree (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS); OR a combination of the required experience and education for this grade level (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS).
For the GS-12 level, you must have: one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service, that included: planning and conducting scientific research studies; coordinating the daily activities of a scientific laboratory; analyzing and interpreting scientific data to modify studies; and communicating the results of experiments orally and in writing.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Time-in-Grade: Career or career-conditional current and former Federal employees who select to apply under merit promotion procedures must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of this position.
2. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
4. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
6. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
7. One-year probationary period may be required.
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
9. Bargaining Unit Position: No
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Noncompetitive Applicants: All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
Research Methods and Practices
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions