You must meet the following requirements within 30 calendar days after the closing date of the announcement.
Education: Undergraduate or Graduate Education must include a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
Specialized Experience for GS-09: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: IT related experience providing technical support via phone for desktop/server/network operating systems and experience regarding principles, concepts, and methodologies - including mainframe and / or Local Area Network (LAN) OR
Two full years of progressively higher graduate education or Master's degree in any of the fields listed above. A copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned is required.
Specialized Experience for GS-11: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: IT related experience providing technical support via phone for desktop/server/network operating systems. IT related experience regarding principles concepts, and methodologies - including mainframe and / or Local Area Network (LAN). OR
Three (3) full academic years of progressively higher graduate level education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in any of the fields listed above. A copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned is required.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must demonstrate they have experience in each of the four competencies described below. The experience has to be IT-related.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
Time In Grade: For the GS-11, you must have been at the GS-09 level for 52 weeks.
Time In Grade: For the GS-09, you must have been at the GS-07 level for 52 weeks.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical Skills / Operations Support, Customer Support and Communication Skills (Written & Oral). Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.