GS-09: One year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level which demonstrates experience assisting with or working as part of a team performing the following duties:
- Loan proposal development, packaging, and structuring; and
- Knowledge of marketing lending programs and services; and
- Conducting training or professional development; and
- Knowledge of growing and developing a customer base; and
- Using a variety of a software applications and technologies in all aspects of the job.
YOUR RESUME MUST REFLECT THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
If you do not meet the specialized experience requirements, you may also qualify with education:
GS-09: Possess a Master's or equivalent degree related to the position to be filled (i.e. Business Administration, Accounting and/or Finance), or 2 years of progressively higher graduate level education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D., the education must have been obtained from a accredited college or university. For a list of accredited colleges and universities click on the following link: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx
You MUST submit transcripts (official or unofficial) with this application if you wish to qualify based on education.
Combination of Experience and Education:
An equivalent combination of education and experience specified above. For example, 50% of the specialized experience and 50% of the education requirement.
REQUIREMENTS: All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must submit proof of eligibility. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP .
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS : A background security investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here:View Assessment Questions). If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Supplemental Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link:View Assessment Questions. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire.
You will be evaluated using the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of commercial lending principles and strategies.
2. Knowledge of lender marketing principles and strategies, as well as lender marketing analysis and research.
3. Knowledge of training principles, trends, strategies, and techniques.
4. Knowledge of lender management principles, practices, techniques and operations.
5. Skill in writing to develop information programs for diverse audiences of various levels of understanding and sophistication.
6. Skill in conceptualizing, preparing and conducting a variety of oral presentations (such as workshops, lectures, formal training and impromptu speeches) to influence the acceptance of programs, services or special interests.