Qualification requirements in vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on OPM's website at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications
There are no minimum education requirements for this position.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service (ZP-3 or GS-12).
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
Specialized experience for the ZP-4 position is defined as: Experience with IT systems architecture and IT security Certification and Accreditation practices.
For all grade levels, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1. Attention to detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
NOTE: Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions.
For more information about the qualification requirements for this position: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-AltA.asp
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." However,your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the"gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How vou will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of contract management.
- Knowledge of program management and planning.
- Knowledge of quality management.
- Knowledge of contingency operations.
- Knowledge of IT Security policies.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information orally or in writing.
- Knowledge of satellite product and services, specifically satellite aided search and rescue.
For more information about Category Rating, please go to: Category Rating To preview questions please click here.