All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Friday, April 05, 2013.
To qualify for this GS-07 position you must have: one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level. Examples of specialized experience include, but not limited to: planning the preparation and use of photographs, illustrations, drawings, and other art work, charts, diagrams, dioramas, maps, slides, overlays, and other kinds of visual material for use in communicating information through visual means. OR Education: one full year of progressively higher level graduate education with major study related to the position, for example, commercial art, fine arts, art history, industrial design, architecture, drafting, interior design, photography, visual communication, or other fields related to the position.
Combination of education and experience to qualify at the GS-11 level: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level (i.e. 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education) may be used to qualify applicants for the GS-11 level.
Please Note: If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Applicants can verify accreditation HERE. Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify then you will need to provide official transcripts before you enter on duty.
You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited education institution in the United States when you apply; for further information click HERE.
· You will be required to serve a trial period of 1 year
· Appointment is subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication
· Driver License: Applicants must possess a valid state driver license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver license
· National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your rating will be based on both your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your résumé. The assessment questions relate to the following competencies that are required to perform the work of this position.
· A developing knowledge of professional disciplines related to graphic design: design theory, process and trends and associated software/hardware; typographic and color theory and application; diverse audience outreach techniques, i.e. universal design techniques; agency graphic design standards, formats and templates
· Ability to create maps and illustrations that accurately depict items for use in visual media products
· Ability to edit and produce clear, concise and grammatically correct communication materials
· Ability to synthesize and translate park information and mission into audience-appropriate visual media products
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies."
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If it is determined that your work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your responses, you may be rated ineligible and not referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough detail to support your answers to the competencies. A panel may be used to review your application.
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience which substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position.
Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience which exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Qualified - applicants possessing experience which meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Information for Veterans: Veterans Preference applies to category rating. Within each quality category, veteran's preference eligibles are listed first, including CP, CPS, XP, and TP. In addition, veterans who have a 10% or more service-connected compensable disability (CP or CPS) are placed at the top of the best qualified category.