You must have one year specialized experience. Specialized experience is experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position being filled. Specialized experience must be equivalent to at least the next lower grade level for the occupation.
GS-14: One year of specialized equivalent to the GS-13 grade level which included evaluating and interpreting Science, Technology and National policies or proposed regulations involving divergent views and opinions and presenting the consequences of adopting them in written format.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current career or career-conditional federal employee applying for promotion under Merit Promotion you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions at the next level lower than the position being filled
Education may not be substituted for experience for this position
REQUIREMENTS: All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must submit proof of eligibility. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP .
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS : A background security investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions. You will be rated based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required to do the work of this position:
- Knowledge of the process by which new technology-based products are developed and commercialized by small business;
- A thorough knowledge of legislation (i.e. Stevenson-Wydler Technology Innovation Act of 1980; Small Business Innovation Development Act of 1982; National Competitivesness Technology Transfer Act of 1989; Defense Conversion, Reinvestment and Transition Assistance Act of 1991; Small Business Technology Transfer Act of 1992;
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, state, and local technology programs;
- Knowledge of the federal procurement process as it relates to acquisition of research and development, relationship among Federal agencies, and the congressional processes;
- Skill in making presentations and communicating with a variety of audiences;
- Ability to express thoughts clearly, logically, and accurately in situations that vary in nature and require effective written and oral expression.
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the occupational questionnaire.