Job Title:Nurse Consultant
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:PH-NM-13-858176
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, June 05, 2013 to
Wednesday, June 26, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
White Oak, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The Food and Drug Administration - Protecting and Promoting Your Health
Help protect public health by joining the FDA's Center for Devices & Radiological Health (CDRH). From reviewing applications for innovative medical devices to educating industry on relevant policies and regulations to providing accurate, science-based health information to the public, CDRH is at the forefront in ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of the medical devices and radiation-emitting products that millions of Americans use daily.
Please note that this position is being announced under a government-wide direct hire authority.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply section)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to be qualified for this position, you must posess
- a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed - AND -
- an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (If you have graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months, you may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment.) - AND -
- one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, evaluating scientific and medical data to determine the safety or efficacy of medical device, scientific system, or treatment protocol; recommending actions to reduce the risk to patients who use a particular medical device, drug, or treatment protocol; assisting in the design or development of scientific review policies, procedures, or best practices; and preparing technical reports and presentations to summarize research findings.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
This announcement is open under a government-wide direct hire authority. Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Please note that while veterans' preference does not apply in direct hrie authority, veterans are still encouraged to submit their documentation.