Job Title:Recreation Assistant
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:12-51070003-4791-DP-CO-2
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$34,907.00 to $38,790.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, March 14, 2013 to Tuesday, March 19, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Indiahoma, OK View Map|
1 vacancy - Nemo, SD View Map
1 vacancy - Harpers Ferry, WV View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - the rewards are as limitless as the views.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply. This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 12-51070003-4791-G-CO. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted.
If you are claiming 10-point preference as a widow/widower of a certain deceased veteran, spouse of a veteran unable to work because of a service connected disability, or the mother of a deceased or disabled veteran, you must submit an SF-15 (Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference) and all supporting documentation listed on the second page of the SF-15. You must submit the supporting documentation with your application. If you are not able to attach the forms to your application, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the announcement number on all supporting documentation.
There are three positions being filled at three locations:
(1) One position is located on the Boxelder Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Nemo, SD. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact James Schlatter at 605-578-2371, or email@example.com.
(2) One position is located on the Harpers Ferry Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Harpers Ferry, WV. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Samona Bowens at 304-724-3420, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) One position is located on the Treasure Lake Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Indiahoma, OK. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Bobby Patterson at 580-246-3203, or email@example.com
The duty station for this position will be at one of the three locations listed above. Final determination of duty station will be made by the selecting official at the time of job offer.
Additional selections may be made at any location if another like vacancy occurs within 120 days of the issuance of the certification of eligibles.
These are Recreation Assistant positions located in a residential group living situation on a Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center. The purpose of these positions is to assist in supervising group living activities and to provide practical counseling to students.
This position requires you to obtain a CDL with passenger endorsement within 90 days of appointment. Employees who for personal reasons fail to complete the required CDL training within 90 days, will be held liable for tuition and all associated CDL training costs and may be subject to termination from this position.
Pay rates vary depending on location. See the OPM website at http://www.opm.gov/ for additional information on pay rates.
Applicants must submit all required documentation as stated in the vacancy announcement. Proof of education, license, hiring preference, prior federal service, and entitlement eligibility MUST be attached to your electronic application; please review the "How To Apply Section" within the vacancy announcement. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted. The US Forest Service is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to apply.
- Subject to a negative drug test prior to entrance on duty.
- Commercial Driver License required within 90 days of initial appointment.
- Willing to live/work in remote locations.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.