Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Nutritionist in the Office of Nutrition, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and evaluating the programs and activities of the Staff relating to infant formula and medical foods.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CFSN-MP-13-857242 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Maintains close awareness of crucial and precedent-setting cases affecting infant formula and medical food theories and practices.
- Plans and establishes program goals and objectives for the team.
- Counsels and trains members of the team on significant regulatory and compliance concepts, methodologies, processes, and procedures.
- Addresses professional groups on infant formula and medical foods which affect the agency mission.
- Critically reviews scientific, technological, and legislative developments that may impact the production and marketing of infant formulas and medical foods.