Qualification Requirements for the GS-1176-11
To qualify for the GS-11 level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service that is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience planning and carrying out assignment; resolving conflicts that arise, coordinating the work with others as necessary; interpreting policies and determining the approach to be taken and the methodology to be used. OR
Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, of LL.M., if related from an accredited college or university. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent one year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours will satisfy the one year of full-time study requirement.
Have a combination of specialized experience and graduate education as described above. To combine education and experience, determine the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then determine the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level. Finally, add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
Qualification Requirements for the GS-1176-12
To qualify for the GS-12 level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in facility engineering systems to enable troubleshooting a variety of operations and maintenance issues, especially in a specialized laboratory setting. This includes Heating, Ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), controls, electrical, plumbing systems, and general building finishes.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: Yes, Domestic travel 5%
5. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
8. Annual Leave for non-federal service authorized: No
9. Research position: No
10. Supervisory position: No
11. Promotion potential: Yes
This position has promotion potential to 12. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your meeting qualifications and time-in-grade requirements, demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and administrative approval. Promotion to the next grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
12. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of Facility Management.
2. Knowledge of project management.
3. Knowledge of Facility Design and Construction.
4. Knowledge of Emergency Response procedures.
5. Ability to communicate and relate to customers and peers.