Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement:
GS-07: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-05 level.
GS-09: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-07 level.
For the GS-07 grade level:
A. Have a bachelor's degree and meet Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) criteria. S.A.A. is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership. (Transcripts Required)
Class standing -- Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
Grade-point average (G.P.A.) -- Applicants must have a grade-point average of: 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
Note: Grade-point averages are to be rounded to one decimal place. For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0 and 2.94 will round to 2.9.
Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society -- Applicants can be considered eligible based on membership in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed below. These honor societies are listed at www.achsnatl.org/quick_link.asp.
B. Have one full year of graduate level study, or possess a master's or higher degree in a related field of study from an accredited college and/or university. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent one year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours will satisfy the one year of full-time study requirement.
C. Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service providing assistance utilizing analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to conduct studies that identify improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of management/administrative programs and operations such as human resources, procurement, correspondence management, property, supply and inventory management, and mail/file operations.
D. Have less than the full amount of graduate education described in "B" and less than the amount of experience described in "C," but I have a combination of the type of education described in "B" and the type of experience described in "C." To combine education and experience, determine the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then determine the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level. Finally, add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
For the GS-09 grade level:
A. Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of the position, and which involves using analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to conduct studies that identify improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of management/administrative programs and operations such as human resources, procurement, correspondence management, property, supply and inventory management, and mail/file operations.
B. Master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related in any field of study from an accredited college and/or university. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent one year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours will satisfy the one year of full-time study requirement.
C. A combination of specialized experience described in "A" above and graduate education as described in "B" above. To combine education and experience, determine the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then determine the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level. Finally, add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT (Must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement):
GS-07: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher.
GS-09: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of a variety of administrative management services such as procurement, correspondence/records management, fleet management, and mail and file operations.
2. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques used in order to study efficiency in administrative program operations.
3. Knowledge of timekeeping and payroll principles and procedures.
4. Skill in written communications.