Qualifications must be met by Monday, April 01, 2013
Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Basic Education Requirement
A. Completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims.
- OR -
B. Completed at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims.
*** In addition to meeting the Basic Education Requirement, you must also have specialized experience and/or education as described below:
Qualifications Requirement GS-07:
A. Meet the requirements for consideration under Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on one of the following: (1) class standing (upper third standing in graduating class); (2) grade-point average (2.95 overall or over the last two years of bachelors degree or- 3.45 in your major field or over the last two years in your major); or (3) election to membership in a national scholastic honor society. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims. For more specific details on SAA, click the following link: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-II/s2-e5.asp#e4f
- OR -
B. Have completed one full year of graduate level study in one of the following fields of study: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management. GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims
C. Have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-5 level in the Federal Service, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems, which has equipped you with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience may have also been gained in the private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes: experience performing developmental and/or recurring assignments in support of a local installation or in a centralized procurement activity; procuring supplies or services; reviewing requisitions to determine that proper specifications and/or purchase descriptions; applying negotiation techniques resulting in win-win solutions, and analyzing facts and other related documents to drive conclusions and offer recommendations.
- OR -
D. Combination of Experience and Education: Have less than the full amount of graduate education described in "B" and less than the amount of experience described in "C," but have a combination of the type of graduate education described in "B" and the type of experience described in "C." If you do not qualify based on education or experience alone, you can combine your education and experience by converting each to a percentage and then adding the percentages. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Transcripts are required for this position: You are required to submit transcripts (unofficial) at the time of application to verify that you meet the basic educational requirement, or if you are using education for substitution of experience. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be credited. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
· Probationary Period A one year probationary period is required for new appointments.
· Background Investigation Applicants shall successfully complete a background investigation before appointment to the position.
· Completion of Competency-Base Program Curriculum: The VA Acquisition Intern Program curriculum is based on the 23 Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) defined contracting workforce General Business and Technical competencies: 8 General Business competencies; 15 Technical Contracting competencies. Proficiency Levels: At the end of each year, interns are eligible for the appropriate proficiency level of Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C).
· Continuation of Service Agreement. Employees will be required to sign a Continuation of Service Agreement as a condition of employment as well as for entry into the program. The employee must agree to (1) continue in the service of the Veterans Affairs for three (3) years commencing upon completion of the training, and (2) pay back expenses if he/she voluntarily separates from their agency prior to completion of the service obligation period.
· Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
· Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level, GS-12, without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· General knowledge of or experience with customer service and conflict resolution in a business setting.
· General knowledge or experience with techniques to determine a negotiation position resulting in a win-win solution.
· General knowledge of or experience functioning as a high-performance team.
· Ability to drive conclusions and offer recommendations to resolving issues by analyzing facts and other related documents.
· Skill in oral and written communications to convey technical information.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.