Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a reveiw of your complete application is done, if you are found qualified your name will be forwarded on a referral certificate to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
1. Title of Job
Sheet Metal Mechanic Supervisor
2. Biographic Data
3. E-Mail Address
4. Work Information
5. Employment Availability
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.
7. Background Information
While serving as a federal employee, have you ever been terminated for cause or resigned after being notified that you would be terminated/separated?8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
0911. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 Sheet Metal Mechanic Supervisor21. Geographic Availability
121510031 Jacksonville, FL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
Enter number of years in this position.
Enter number of months in this position that do not equal a complete year. Example: 5 yrs 2 mos24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Are you currently a Category 1 applicant? A Category 1 applicant is a permanent or excepted indefinite technician employed with the Florida National Guard.
2. Are you a Category 2 applicant? Category 2 applicants include current members of the Florida Army or Florida Air National Guard.
3. Are you a Category 3 applicant? Category 3 applicants are individuals who qualify for membership in the Florida Army or Florida Air National Guard but are not current members.
4. Are you an active member of the Florida Army or Air National Guard?
A. I am currently a Permanent or Indefinite Federal Technician with the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
B. I am currently a Temporary Federal Technician with the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
C. I am currently a Traditional (Drill, ADSW, etc.), member of the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
D. No, I am not an active member of the Florida National Guard but I AM WILLING AND ELIGIBLE to immediately become an active Military Member of the Florida Army or Air National Guard? (If you are not sure you are eligible, please contact a Florida Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 464-8273 or the Florida Air National Guard recruiter at (800) 824-8495 before applying for this position.).
E. No, I am not an active member of the Florida National Guard and I AM NOT WILLING to become an active member of the Florida National Guard.
5. Have you completed basic training in at least one branch of the military that would enable you to enlist in the Florida Army or Air National Guard by the close date of this announcement?
6. Are you currently receiving Federal Military retirement pay? If you are retired military or planning on retirement within the next year, you will not be eligible to join the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
7. Are you a currently employed as a Category 1 On-board permanent or excepted indefinite technician at the 125th Fighter Wing in Jacksonville, FL?
8. This position is only open to Enlisted members in the rank of Technical Sergeant (E6/TSgt) through Master Sergeant (E7/MSgt). Please choose the option below that best describes your current military rank.
C. I am not currently an Enlisted member in the rank of Technical Sergeant (E6/TSgt) through Master Sergeant (E7/MSgt)
9. Do you possess experience or training which demonstrates the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports?
10. Do you possess 36 months experience or training in planning, layout, and construction skills to manufacture items and systems with dovetailed seams, set-in-bottom seams, burred-bottom seams, or wired or lock seams; experience using more complicated shop tools and equipment; experience in using metals including stainless steel, copper sheet, magnesium, honeycomb material and alloys; experience demonstrating the use of more complicated mathematical calculations and complicated measuring instruments; experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel; experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines; experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function; experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes; experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations?
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
11. Plan and organize the work of sheet metal maintenance functions.
12. Meet deadlines on a regular and recurring basis.
13. Work independently from written or oral instructions, blueprints, sketches, or personal inspection of items or systems to be manufactured or repaired.
14. Devise new methods and techniques of work accomplishment.
15. Plan, construct, assemble, disassemble, repair, fabricate, and install irregular sheet metal items and systems having combined shapes to exacting tolerances using the least number of seams and amount of metal.
16. Work effectively with others to maintain a harmonious work environment.
17. Apply safety regulatory guidelines and requirements.
18. Effectively plan, prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections and exercises.
19. Determine training needs of subordinates.
20. Familiar with formal performance appraisal processes.
21. Communicate significant goals, activities, policies and procedures to subordinates.
22. Establish local policies and guidelines.