Job Title:MEDICAL OFFICER - AREA WIDE ADMINISTRATOR / PRIMARY CARE / AMBULATORY CARE
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number:IHS-13-WR-855516-ESEP/MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$119,902.00 to $235,000.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, March 07, 2013 to Thursday, April 18, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Portland, OR United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Indian Preference, Veterans Employment Opportunity, Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), Special appointment authority, current permanent Federal employee on a competitive service appointment or a former Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or a former Federal employee on a career-conditional appointment separated less the 3 years & others under Excepted Service Examining or Merit Promotion Plans|
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
Join dedicated outpatient clinical staff whose joint efforts with individuals, families, and communities prevent and treat illness. The Indian Health Service in the Pacific Northwest provides healthcare to American Indians and Alaska Natives living in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
THIS AMENDS THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT TO READ: Title 38 salary range: $96,539 - $235,000 per annum
THIS AMENDS THE QUALIFICATION SECTION OF JOB ANNOUNCEMENT TO READ: Candidate must have completed a 5 years of residence training in a speciality (e.g., Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology) or have equivalent specialist experience and training.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
- Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
- Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)
- PHS Commissioned Corp Candidates
- visit email@example.com more information on Who May Apply and the types of hiring plans listed here, i.e., ESEP, MPP.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Portland Area Office, Portland, Oregon .
POSITION DETAILS: One Permanent Full-time position to be filled
Salary range: $119,902.00- $235,000.00 ( Annually)
- Title 38 salary range: $96,539 - $235,000 per annum
- Incentive: Up to 25% of base pay may be offered
- Merit Promotion Position: YES
- Promotion Potential: None
- Travel Required: Yes, 1 3 days per month
- Supervisory/Managerial Position: YES (You may be required to serve a one year probationary period)
- Relocation Expenses: YES (Expenses will be paid in the interest of the government and not in the interest of the selected employee. Entitlement will be determined at time of selection)
- Is position covered by PL 101-630? YES (See more information under the Benefits/Other Tab)
- Is drug testing required? NO
- Is government housing available? NO
- Is this a bargaining unit position? NO
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- Position subject to background investigation.
- As part of the pre-employment process, fingerprint checks are required.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- Current, active, unrestricted rofessional license is required