To qualify for the Supervisory Regulatory Health Project Manager position, all applicants must meet the Basic Requirement, in addition to the Minimum Qualification for the grade level(s) of which you wish to apply.
Basic Requirement: (all applicants must meet Basic Requirement)
You must have successfully completed a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. (You must provide a copy of college transcripts)
GS-15: At least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service that included providing authoritative advice on the regulations, legislation, and administrative procedures involved in regulatory science-based product review; performing the full range of project management duties related to the product review; and planning and organizing the work of multi-disciplinary review teams.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid.
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Supervisory position: Yes, Since this is a supervisory position, candidates must also have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any previous experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation the the supervisory requirements of this position.
12. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
13. CTP participates in the Student Loan Repayment Program.
14. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301) 796-8440 prior to accepting such a position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Knowledge and professional understanding of the principles and limitations of scientific theories, concepts and methodology.
Ability to maintain harmonious relationships to obtain support and reconcile divergent viewpoints.
Ability to manage human resources.
Knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures involved in product review.
Skill in oral communication.
Skill in written communication.