TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE 2 OPTIONS: ONLINE OR FAX.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE DETAIL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. IF YOU CHOOSE TO APPLY VIA FAX, PLEASE STROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR FAX INSTRUCTIONS.
APPLYING ON-LINE USING USAJOBS AND APPLICATION MANAGER
Step 1: Starting the Online Application Process
Apply Online- At the floating window on the right of the announcement, click Apply Online.
Do not apply using someone elses account. This may lead to incorrect information being submitted with your application.
A. If you have an existing USAJOBS account
Click Log In, enter username and password.
Skip to STEP 2: Select Resume and Any Supporting Information
If you have forgotten your username and password click Forgot Password and follow instructions (Note: you will have to return to the vacancy announcement and click Apply Online to restart the application process).
OR if you do not have an account, please create an account using the instructions below.
B: Create USAJOBS Account
- Click Create an Account link in the top right-hand corner.
- This will open the Create New Account page:
- Complete all required information
- Document your User Name and Password for future reference
- Click I Agree. Create My Account. after completing your information:
You will be prompted to edit your username if it is not unique. Your password must contain a special character, a number, and be at least 8 characters in length.
STEP 2: SUBMIT RESUME:
At the welcome page for your account, select Build New Résumé to create a résumé or, if you already have one, you can upload your existing résumé by clicking on Upload Résumé. If you upload your résumé, make sure it contains all the information needed to be considered, such as: Dates position was held (month and year). If you need to create an resume please follow the instructions below.
To Create Résumé :
- Click Build New Résumé
- This opens the Getting Started section of Résumé Builder:
- Complete the required information for the Experience and Related Information sections.
- Click NEXT after completing each section
- This will open the Finishing Up section of Résumé Builder
- Click Activate Resume: This will open the Résumés section of My USAJOBS where you will see your résumé listed.
STEP 3: Upload Any Supporting Documents as indicated in the vacancy annoucement.
- Return to the main page and click on Saved Documents:
- Upload all required documents individually
- For each, select the document type it most closely fits: resume, transcript, veterans documentation, qualifications, or miscellaneous.
- Click Browse
- Choose the document to upload from your computer:
- Click on Upload to transfer the document to your account.
You have successfully created an account in USAJOBS and are ready to start the application process.
STEP 4: Return to the Vacancy Announcement
- Click the Browse Jobs link in the upper right-hand corner of the My Account page.
- This will take you to the Basic Search page:
- In the Keyword Search field (see arrow), type the VHA-526-12-847170
- Now that you have an account, you can click Save (see circle) to save a link to the announcement in your account. Then just click on the saved link in My Account to return to the announcement.
- Repeat step: 1A: Apply Online
- Select Résumé and Any Supporting Documents
- Click on the title of the résumé you created
- This will highlight the title in blue
- Click on any additional documents required/wish to include in your application
- Click the box by the certification statement to agree with the statement, then click the Apply for this position now button:
Return to this page at any time by repeating STEP 4
: Return to the Vacancy Announcement
Clicking on Apply for this position now will take you to USA Staffing® Application Manager: via a page where you click Take me there now: At the next window click the Proceed with my Application button.
STEP 5: Completing Your Application in Application Manager
A. If you do not have an account in Application Manager, please Create an Account in Application Manager
Ensure that all the information in this section is complete and accurate
Select Create an Account
Enter your email address. This is to verify that you do not have an existing account.
If no account is found, click Im done checking for accounts:
Select the correct email address. If the address you want to use is not listed (for example, you made a typing error), return to the login page and start over by clicking Create Account. Then repeat the steps above.
Click Create account with this address
Make up a user name for your account. This is the name you will use to access your account in the future. This must between 6 and 8 characters in length
Enter this user name and then click Create user name.
Document your User Name and Password for future reference!
You will be prompted to edit your user name if it is not unique
Complete the requested information (password and answer to secret question).
Click Proceed to Application Manager
- Click the Proceed with my application button to open the Log In page of Application Manager
B. If you have previously created an account in Application Manager:
- You will be routed to the Biographic Information section of the Assessment
- Skip to STEP 6: Complete the Assessment
To apply, you must complete the Assessment in Application Manager. This will ask you for your biographic information and information about your training and experience.
STEP 6: Complete the Assessment
- This will open the Biographic Information section of the Assessment:
- The Navigation Bar in the upper left corner indicates what section of the Assessment you are in and how many are left to complete.
- omplete all required information
- Click Next
- Repeat for each section of the Assessment
STEP 7: Re-using and Uploading Documents in Application Manager
- Click on Re-Use Documents to open the Re-use Documents section of the application process:
- This displays the resume submitted through USAJOBS and any supporting documents you chose in STEP 2 & 3: Select Resume and Any Supporting Documents . These documents will be forwarded automatically when you click the Submit button in Application Manager.
- Any documents previously submitted through Application Manager will be listed under Documents Available for Re-use
- Select any documents to submit by checking the box next to them, if you want to add any of these documents to your application package.
The Documents in Application Package will include the resume you created in USAJOBS. Any documents previously submitted to vacancy announcements through Application Manager will be listed under Documents Available for Re-use.
- Select Next
- This will open the Upload Documents section of the online application process:
- Documents may be uploaded as described in STEP 2 & 3: Select Resume and Any Supporting Documents. You do not have to upload documents in Application Manager if you have already uploaded the documents in your account in USAJOBS.
- Click Next
Refer to the Required Documents and Applicant Checklist in the vacancy announcement for a complete list of required documents. Failure to submit all applicable required documents may result in you not being considered for employment.
STEP 8: Submit Application
- Click Submit My Answers: You must click Submit My Answers to apply!
Failure to submit your answers will result in you not being considered for employment. If you receive a warning that a section of the assessment is incomplete, return to that section using the Navigation Bar on the left and complete all required information. A confirmation of Submission message will appear: Click View/Print My Answers on the Navigation Bar to see your answers. Click the Main button to view the Status of your Application Package: Click Logout to exit Application Manager. You have successfully applied to this position!
IF YOU CANNOT APPLY ON-LINE, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING:
Alternative to Applying Online: Faxing Applications
Applicants are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE whenever possible;
Faxed applications may take 2-3 business days to process.
- Faxed documents submitted with missing information will not be processed
- Applications may be faxed to 1-478-757-3144 NLT Friday, March 29, 2013
- You must complete your application using the OPM Form 1203-FX http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf
- This should go on top of your faxed documents
- Include your resume and any supporting documents
- Supporting documents may be faxed as an alternative to uploading
- If an application has been completed online do not complete the 1203-FX
- Use the required cover sheet for supporting documents http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf
- DO NOT fax documents that have already been submitted online