One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-04) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as applying regulations, policies and procedures governing pay, billing and other types of financial transactions sufficient to convey information to customers and other interested parties; explain pay, billing and other types of financial procedures; convey options and resolve problems within automated financial systems.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: Applying regulatory guidance to answer customer inquiries regarding payroll, entitlements, deductions, billing and invoices; Answering financial inquiries from a diverse customer population; explaining financial policies and procedures to customers; navigating financial systems or databases to locate relevant customer account information.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Four years of successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation, or the equivalent, is a prerequisite may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for specialized experience, you must submit transcripts (official or unofficial) or some form of proof of your education. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide documentation at the time of processing, or a determination that you do not possess sufficient education and experience to meet the total qualification requirements, will result in an ineligible rating.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Financial Concepts, Policies and Principles - Apply fiscal law, policies, regulations, principles, standards and procedures to financial management activities.
- Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates skill in using job-relevant information systems and/or software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, automated research tools, database applications, and the Internet.
- Communication: The ability to communicate to a varied audience both in writing and orally.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; seeks/generates and evaluates alternative perspectives/solutions; makes timely/effective recommendations, based on potential implications of findings or conclusions. Critically evaluates to identify the causes of problems, and chooses courses of action that balance the interests of the mission and stakeholders.IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.