NOS is a scientific and technical organization whose mission is to preserve and enhance the nations coastal resources and ecosystems and advocates coastal and ocean stewardship. It achieves this through scientific research; monitoring, observing, and predicting scientific phenomena; preserving and restoring ocean and coastal areas; establishing and enhancing state and local governments coastal resources; mapping and charting; and responding to hazardous substance spills.
This position is located in the National Oceanic Service, Management and Budget Office, Policy, Planning and Analysis Division, in Silver Spring, MD. The incumbent is responsible for assessing various programs or organizations for effectiveness and efficiency, and developing solutions to the found problems, developing evaluation plans and procedures. This position is covered under the Department of Commerce Alternate Personnel System (CAPS). CAPS replaced the Federal General Schedule (GS) pay plan and structure. Under this system, positions are classified by career path, series, and pay band. The pay band ZA-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12 level.
This position is also being advertised as a Program Analyst, ZA-0343-03 under announcement number NOS-MBO-2013-0001(Status). You must apply seperately under each announcement to be considered for each announcement.
Relocation expenses are NOT authorized for this position.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
Execute, analyze and implement the division's responsibilities to oversee and coordinate strategic planning and performance management, including development, implementation, and monitoring progress on achieving strategic goals, objectives, performance measures and metrics of annual operating plans. Duties include:
- Monitor program performance.
- Brief and advise senior on program performance and progress toward meeting performance goals, measures and metrics.
- Review, analysis and issuance of guidance throughout the program planning and performance process.
- Lead and participate in meetings and supporting efforts to articulate and evaluate compliance with agency strategic execution and evaluation procedures.
Serve as the primary point of contact for all incoming requests for information coming through agency headquarter's program coordination office and legislative affairs.
- Review and analysis of incoming requests for program information.
- Draft and issue policies and guidance to programs for responses to such requests.
- Review, analyze, edit and compile program office input.
- Report and maintain records of responses to incoming requests.
- Provide oversight and advice on the associated processes, including proposing improved procedures to streamline efforts.