All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Friday, March 15, 2013.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. You must meet level 2 on the screen out factor/element and an average of level 2 on all factors/elements.
Screen-out: Ability to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision
Applicants must be physically fit and, as required in Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Handbook X-118C, must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the elements listed in Section 25 of the Online Occupational Questionnaire to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. A specific length of time and experience is not required; however you must be able to demonstrate the rough experience shown in your written application, that you possess sufficient knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision. Examples of experience for this position include cleaning bathrooms and toilets, emptying trash, recycling, disinfecting, shoveling; replacing light switches and fixtures, assisting electricians; replacing hose bibs, valves, nipples, unions & elbows, toilets, faucets and winterizing water systems; repairing buildings and quarters, constructing/installing doors, shelves, supply racks, framing structures, replacing damaged portions of concrete or wooden walks/steps; applying premixed stains and paint to masonry, gypsum board or wood surfaces; operating a variety of equipment such as ¾ ton pick-up truck, mowing/landscaping power equipment, medium-sized riding lawn mower, etc.
· Driver License: You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver's license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver's license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State driver's license.
· National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your rating will be based on both your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your résumé. The assessment questions relate to the following competencies that are required to perform the work of this position.
You will be rated on the following job elements:
· Ability to do the work of a Maintenance Worker without more than normal supervision
· Ability to perform simple work in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, painting and roofing
· Ability to work in a safe manner
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If it is determined that your work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your responses, you may be rated ineligible and not referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough detail to support your answers to the competencies. A panel may be used to review your application.
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience which substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position.
Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience which exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Qualified - applicants possessing experience which meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Information for Veterans: Veterans Preference applies to category rating. Within each quality category, veteran's preference eligibles are listed first, including CP, CPS, XP, and TP. In addition, veterans who have a 10% or more service-connected compensable disability (CP or CPS) are placed at the top of the best qualified category.