Specialized Experience: To qualify, applicants must possess one year specialized experience equivalent to the second lower grade/level (GS-09). Specialized experience is defined as experience negotiating contract prices and terms with contractors, reviewing contract proposals and drafting contract specifications.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
**NOTE** These positions are designated Emergency-Essential (E-E). In event of a crisis situation, incumbent will be subject to deployment on a TDY basis to overseas duty location(s) to perform assigned duties particular to the deployment. Failure to deploy when required and/or meet the medical requirements of deployment status may result in separation from Federal Service. Additional information on E-E positions may be found in DoD Directive Number 1404.10, Subject: Emergency-Essential (E-E) DoD U.S. Citizen Civilian Employees ( http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140410p.pdf) Interested applicants are HIGHLY encouraged to review this Directive prior to applying.
Selectees for E-E positions are required to be exempt from recall to the military Reserves or recall to active duty for retired military.
Selectee will be subject to a 10-year security reinvestigation.
**Tentative offer for employment will be rescinded if the selectee does not meet conditions of employment.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT for 1102 Positions within Department of Defense:
A bachelors degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree)
NOTE: Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
For consideration, your resume MUST indicate that you possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND your resume MUST show that you possess at least 24 semester hours of study from an accredited institution of higher education in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management obtained within or in addition to the bachelor's degree. This requirement applies to those entering DOD 1102 positions on or after Oct 1, 2000.
Education can be substituted for experience. Review the below qualification requirements for specific information:
For the GS-11 Level - 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement. Resumes are rated using Category Rating procedures. If you meet the minimum qualification requirements, based on your possession of job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities your resume will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans
· If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
· Must be able to communicate orally and in writing.
· Must be able to possess and maintain a Government Travel Card.
· This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and requires additional education, training and experience. Applicants should meet the DAWIA Certification requirements for the announcement Career Field and be certified at Level I at the time of application. If you possess DAWIA Certification, please indicate your Certification Level and Career Field information in your resume.
· Applicants not certified may still apply and be selected for DAWIA positions, but must achieve Level II certification within 24 months of appointment. Certification requirements may be viewed at http://www.dau.mil/pubscats/PubsCats/catalog/Appendix%20B%20Mar%2021_07.pdf
· Schedule tour of duty will require evenings, weekends and holiday work hours.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
· Position is designated as Emergency Essential.
· A medical examination is required. Employees must be found fit for duty for the specific deployment location without limitations or need for accommodation by a medical and dental evaluation. Final medical deployment eligibility determination resides with the COCOM providers assigned to the deployment center. Recurring medical examinations may be required on an annual basis.
· Immunization screening is required.
· Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for
· Selective Service Registration.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 180 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
· Applicants claiming veteran's preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
· Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
· Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
· May require overtime work.
· May require shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays and in other situations.
· Position requires employee to wear uniform and/or protective clothing. The selectee will have to on occasion wear protective gear that weighs up to 40 pounds and is expected to be mobile and able to traverse some rough terrain and enter and exit vehicles while wearing the gear
NOTE: Generally, indoor work location has power, water, heating, and air conditioning, although outages should be expected. Lack of sleep may occur due to long work hours and uncomfortable living conditions. Living conditions range from having all basic amenities; light, power, water, refrigeration, to not having one or more of these amenities. Environmental conditions at work locations may range from excessive heat and humidity to extreme cold and rainy.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.