GS-11: One year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service) obtained in either the private or public sector such as assisting in commercial, business, or personal loan proposal development, packaging, and structuring; and in assisting with marketing lending programs and services to external customers through outreach activities; and in assisting with conducting formal training or professional development; and in assisting with the growth and development of a customer base; and in using a variety of software applications and technologies in all aspects of the job.
GS-12: One year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service) obtained in either the private or public sector such as commercial or business loan proposal development, packaging, and structuring; and in marketing lending programs and services to external customers through outreach activities; and in conducting formal training or professional development; and in the growth and development of a customer base; and in using a variety of software applications and technologies in all aspects of the job.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current career or career-conditional federal employee applying for promotion under Merit Promotion you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions at the next level lower than the position being filled
EDUCATION: If you do not meet the specialized experience requirements, you may also qualify with education. You MUST submit transcripts (official or unofficial) with this application if you wish to qualify based on education.
GS-11: Have a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M in an accredited college or university. (Degree or course work should be in areas of business, finance, accounting, or a related field.)
GS-12: Education is not qualifying at the GS-12 level.
Combination of Experience and Education
GS-11: Combination of education and experience as specified above. For example, an applicant who has 1.5 full years of Ph.D. level education (i.e. 50% of education required) and 6 months of creditable specialized experience (i.e. 50% of the required experience) would equal 100% of the required experience for the position.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. *** For further information, click on: Foreign Education
REQUIREMENTS: All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must submit proof of eligibility. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP .
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS : A background security investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions. You will be rated based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required to do the work of this position:
1. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with private organizations, government agencies, and financial institutions sufficient to continue their voluntary participation in helping the SBA distribute its information through their channels.
2. Knowledge of standard business practices and methods sufficient to counsel interested individuals concerning necessary areas of improvement, and to make a determination concerning the skill level at which the business is being operated.
3. Knowledge of marketing and public relations techniques and principles to successfully deliver a district-wide promotion effort to the small business and financial communities.
4. Ability to analyze financial documents for compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures and to determine the overall financial health and stability of the business.
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the occupational questionnaire.