To qualify for this position you must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as described below:
(1) Attention to Detail - being thorough conducting structured analyses of information resource management plans and strategies;
(2) Customer Service monitoring and adjusting systems performance and ensuring compliance with security programs;
(3) Oral Communication - expressing highly technical information relating to information technology capabilities and limitations (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information;
(4) Problem Solving - identify and analyze issues, problems, and challenges facing management and devising solutions.
In addition to possessing the four IT competencies listed above, applicants must also meet the following specialized experience to qualify for this position at the GS-15 level.
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service that included: 1) overseeing and directing the development, design, testing, and implementation of an organization's information systems and programs; 2) formulating short and long term strategies to improve the effectiveness of administrative information technology systems; 3) overseeing and directing staff in the analysis of administrative information technology and business processes; and 4) developing policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness of program operations and product delivery to customers relating to information technology systems.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required: Yes
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: Maybe
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: Maybe
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: Maybe
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you may lose consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
This position will be filled through Direct Hire Authority (DHA). All applicants who meet basic qualification and specialized experience requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for further consideration.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions