You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of the announcement.
Specialized Experience for the GS-09: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
* Applying human resources rules, regulations, policies, and practices to gather facts and draw conclusions or recommend solutions to problems; AND
* Conveying information and recommendations to customers.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Two full years of progressively higher graduate education or Master's degree or an LL.B. or J.D. if related to the posted position. A copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned is required. OR
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
Time In Grade: For the GS-09, you must have been at the GS-07 level for 52 weeks.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Organization/Workload/Detail Orientation, Research/Analysis/Critical Thinking, and Customer Service/ Communication. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.