Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Federal Emergency Management Agency
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Who May Apply
· High school students
· High school graduates enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education.
· College students enrolled or accepted for enrollment for at least a half-time course load at an accredited institution of higher education.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
This position is ideal for students looking to gain valuable work skills necessary to prepare you for your future career goals. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a part of the Pathways Intern Program. The Pathways Program allows students to gain real, paid work experience while pursuing a college degree. At the agency's option, students hired under the Pathways Program may be converted to a federal career or career-conditional position. Under the Pathways Program students who successfully complete all work, study, qualifications, and other eligibility requirements may be offered permanent positions with our agency upon graduation.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must be able to pass a credit and criminal check.
- This position has no promotion potential.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 12/31/59 - Selective Service Registration required.