Job Title: Laboratory Operations Specialist - NIAID - MPJob Announcement Number: NIH-NIAID-MP-13-852824
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 to
Monday, March 18, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Agency Employees Only
1 vacancy in the following location:
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current Permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) employees and individuals eligible under CTAP only.
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) conducts and supports basic and applied research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Laboratory of Immunology (LI).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for the position you will perform the following duties:
- Gather and coordinate information and financial data for use by the Lab Chief and/or Scientific Operations Manager in the development of annual budget estimates.
- Serve as principal contact on HR issues within the Lab. Advise on appropriate appointment and pay mechanisms and recruitment tools as applicable to meet the requirements of specific situations.
- Independently perform assignments involving the categorization, summarization, or location of scientific information.
- Actively engage in staff meetings where procedures are discussed and changes recommended, make suggestions offering appropriate options and is responsible for the documentation and implementation of approved recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the GS-9: Have completed a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D., if related OR have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assisting in gathering financial data for the development of annual budgets; preparing personnel action documents; reviewing and approving vouchers (such as travel, purchase, etc.); collecting information for review and analysis; interpreting policies and regulations; preparing scientific information; and providing advice on administrative matters OR have a combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
View Assessment Questions
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed, and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: