In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE COORDINATOR position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-09 Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters,memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Applicants must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Applicants must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and practices of management. Experience developing administrative procedures.
GS-11 Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training program or managerial experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to the position to be filled or in comparable work or functions. Experience developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of operations. Experience in supervisory, staff or technical work which included study, analysis or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices and procedures. Experience preparing written communications and oral presentations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
The successful completion of a full 4 year course in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's degree is qualifying at the GS-05 level.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and skill to advise, manage, implement and oversee Sexual Abuse Protection and Response and Domestic Abuse/Violence programs.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of sexual assault and domestic abuse/violence principles, laws, regulations and policies, and relevant decisions to recognize and prevent sexual assault and domestic abuse, and to make technical recommendations for decisions in sexual assault and domestic abuse.
3. Knowledge of state sexual assault/domestic abuse program administration, policies and practices, in order to provide technical assistance to answer questions, solves problems and explain issues.
4. Skill in managing a program including organizing an office, problem solving, motivating others to take necessary actions, and negotiating allocation of resources for the program (primarily the amount of the budget and the allocation of part-time victim advocates).
5. Knowledge of the organizational structure of the National Guard including the assignment of functions to subordinate organizations, nature of their missions, and composition of the work force.
6. Oral communication and writing skills to make presentations, conduct training seminars, communicate with federal, state and local agencies and medical facilities.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
ENLISTED E-7 TO E-9 ONLY
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.