All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Candidates must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-14 grade level in the Federal service performing managerial, technical, and/or administrative work for an investor program; must possess knowledge and understanding of the Federal securities laws, the ability to identify and analyze critical issues under the Federal securities laws and present them effectively to a variety of audiences.
Experience in public speaking or in media, connections with the financial literacy community, and the ability to speak Spanish are not requirements, but are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your qualifications will be further evaluated based upon the following KSAs.
· Knowledge and understanding of the federal securities laws, Commission and self-regulatory (SRO) rules and regulations, and Commission processes for rulemaking, administrative, and enforcement proceedings.
· Ability to identify and analyze critical issues under the federal securities laws and presents them effectively to a variety of audiences in concise, easily understandable language.
· Ability to develop and present convincing information and opinions that may be used as a basis for critical management decisions and represent the agency in a wide range of forums.
· Ability to lead a professional staff engaged in technically complex and sensitive work.
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position is being filled at the full-performance level.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is not in the bargaining unit.
10. A writing sample may be required after minimum qualification determinations are made.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates: For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified.