Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Information Resources Management Division will allow you to draw on your technological expertise to maintain and modernize the Secret Service’s information technology and communications infrastructure, as well as enhance interoperability, information sharing, and collaboration capabilities. Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact mission critical support for the protective and investigative operations and the associated research and administrative functions of the Secret Service. This Information Technology Specialist position starts at a salary of $54,032 (GS-09, step 1), with promotion potential to $93,175 (GS-13, step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here. For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
The selectee will serve as Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Information Resources Management Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting with defining and managing networks and host firewall policies; working with senior team members in reviewing policies and logs for accuracy; and addressing present and future threats.
- Assisting in supporting agency-wide application and network vulnerability scanning; assisting senior team members in reviewing and evaluating established security policies; and assisting with the implementation of security programs designed to mitigate agency risk or vulnerability to various cyber-attacks.
- Working with senior security staff in the performance of a wide range of Information Technology Security projects of significant breadth or complexity, compromising of multiple phases necessary to accomplish projects.
- Assisting in reviewing and commenting on a wide-range of IT systems/applications under review by the USSS governance process sufficient to provide direction and guidance on long-range Information Technology initiatives.
- Working with senior staff to interpret policies and procedures; assisting in providing technical guidance in (written) to IT security incidents and in coordinating agency-wide activities with external entities as needed.